Personal Legal Services
HomeAbout UsServices & PricesResources & LinksProcess & DisclaimerTestimonialsContact UsBlog

Call us NOW!  360.649.1981
Annulment/Dissolution/Legal Separation
Ending a marriage or domestic partnership can be a particularly upsetting event full of uncertainties and emotions, especially when children are involved.  If divorce or separation are unavoidable or in your best interest, our team will help you with an uncontested divorce or separation.  The only requirement for using our service is that you and your spouse agree to the divorce or separation, and all major issues.  We are happy to help you whether or not you have children, property, alimony, debts , or anything else.

We save you time, money and your sanity.  Have you ever tried to do your own tax return?  Court rules are hundreds of pages long and every court has specific procedures that have to be followed.  All that red tape and "legalese" language can be frustrating and confusing.  We understand that and are here to help.  Because of our experience, and our day-in, day-out dealings with the court system, we can prepare your forms correctly and completely.

An uncontested dissolution with an attorney can easily cost you $2,500-$5,000 or more.  If you don't need an attorney, you don't have to pay attorney prices.  Our charges average 1/3 or less than a standard attorney retainer.
Wills, Living Wills and Powers of Attorney
Estate planning is often overlooked or put off by most of us because the thought of dying is not a pleasant one.  Fortunately, our team offers compassionate assistance in preparing these very important documents.  If you have children, you should write a will in order to appoint guardians for your minor children, and trustees to manage their property. If you do not leave a will, the court may appoint a guardian whom you would not have chosen.  Even if you don't have children, do you know what would happen to your property if you died right now without a will? You might be surprised to find out that your spouse might not inherit everything. If you and your spouse have no children, your parents or siblings might inherit part of your home and become co-owners with your spouse. Your spouse would not be able to sell the house or other property without their permission, and vice versa. If you want to remember your parents or siblings in your will, it is best to leave them specific pieces of property that they will not have to share with your spouse. A will can accomplish this.​  Even if you do not think you need a will, you should still draw up powers of attorney for health care and financial matters. If you become incapacitated by illness or accident, a power of attorney will be critical to allow a friend or loved one to pay your bills and make health care decisions for you. These simple documents not only save money later, but they give you the security of knowing things will be taken care of in your absence. 
Small Claims Court
Each district court in just about every state contains a “Small Claims” division for the settlement of civil disputes in which damages claimed total a specific small amount.  In Washington less than $5,000 and in Idaho $4,000. Small Claims Court was established to provide a low-cost, user-friendly alternative to litigation.  Attorneys are not allowed to appear in Small Claims actions but many of the same pleadings, discovery and court rules apply.  Our litigation team can effortlessly guide you through the process, and the language, and help you achieve the judgment you deserve and execute on it.  All fees, including legal fees, are recoverable in these actions if plead for.  We will help you file the necessary pleadings and organize our case for presentation to the court.
Third-Party Custody
Paternity means fatherhood. Establishing paternity when a couple is not married creates a legal relationship between a father and a child. Establishing parentage for a child provides that child many potential benefits. Some of those benefits include:

◾A sense of belonging because the child knows both parents. 
◾If your child becomes sick, the family doctor will appreciate a full family medical history. 
◾Your child may be eligible for government benefits such as social security or veteran's dependent benefits. 
◾Your child may qualify for medical insurance coverage through the other parent's health plan and could become the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. Your child may also have the right to future inheritance benefits. 
◾Your child will become eligible for financial support from both parents.
Third party refers to anyone other than the biological parents (grandparents, aunts, uncles, other friends and neighbors), who wants to seek custody of the child.  Third party custody cases are usually a rescue action for children in danger or in situations when both biological parents can no longer care for the child.   Usually, it is the grandparent bringing the action.  They may not want to act as "parent" again, but feel that they have to intervene for the safety and well being of the child. If this is necessary, it is important to know that there is a statute that permits you to step in and protect your grandchild or grandchildren. Several bills have been attempted to be pushed through both Idaho and Washington State legislatures but each has faced denial for one reason or another.  Grandparent, third party and non-parental visitation and child custody disputes since have been continually on the rise since 2000 when the United States Supreme Court held that the state's old laws regarding grandparent visitation were unconstitutional. 
Landlord/Tenant Agreements & Leases
Rental agreements automatically renew at the end of their term unless either tenant or landlord has notified the other in advance that he/she does not intend to renew the agreement. Leases do not automatically renew at the end of their term, though they may contain a clause requiring either party to give notice if they don't intend to sign a new lease.  Either way, it is a legal contract which benefits the tenant by providing the "rules" by which the tenant and property owner agree upon during the tenant's stay.  Signing a rental or lease agreement can protect you from unwarranted expenses or eviction. You can negotiate lease agreements and some even carry a purchase option.​  If you’re considering renting a home or apartment, and your landlord does not have a rental or lease agreement that is to your liking, you can request that you sign a lease agreement that is mutually agreeable to both parties.  Leasing carries significant advantages over both buying a home of your own or renting without the benefit of a lease.  Our team can prepare a rental or lease agreement amenable to both parties and act as a "negotiator" of the terms.  For property owners, our company offers a "move in package" which includes such things as a Rental Application (for which we will run the background check for you), Rental Receipts, Security Deposit Receipt, Move-In/Move-out Condition form and more.
Evictions require a multi-step process that landlords must go through for any action against a defaulting tenant to be legal, regardless of the terms of the lease or rental agreement. If a landlord seeks to bypass this process, he risks losing his case and may be sued in return.  In situations where a rental lease contract has been violated by a tenant, it is important to start an eviction process quickly.  Often times, a disgruntled tenant can cause damage to a rental unit which can cost thousands of dollars.  Even if the situation does not become caustic, time is money and every moment you are not receiving rent for your property means bills you can not pay such as a mortgage on the property or property taxes.  The eviction may be as simple as a pay or vacate letter, or it may come down to filing a summons and complaint with the court to have the party removed.  Our team can quickly and painlessly assist you in the eviction process so you do not have to become personally invested in the situation and protect your investment.
If you have obtained a judgment in court, or own a business where one of your accounts has not paid, trying to collect the debt is a daunting task.  Court, garnishments and notifications are all a mystery unless you have done it before.  Washington, like many other states, has a set amount of time to take action on an outstanding debt. The statute of limitations (SOL) ensures that debt collectors cannot come after someone for a debt that is so old that records no longer exist. The time given to sue for collection depends on the type of debt.  Debtors are emotional and sometimes very unpleasant to deal with.  We can intervene on your behalf and cordially, and efficiently, retrieve obtainable funds that are due to you.
The main reasons for Incorporation or Limited Liability Company (LLC) Formation  are lawsuit protection, credibility, tax savings, deductible employee benefits, asset protection, anonymity, the ease of raising capital, creating a separate legal entity for personal protection.  Forming a Corporation or LLC has a broad range of powers beyond that of a sole proprietorship, small claims court benefits, separate liability for corporate debts, and perpetual duration. After Corporation or LLC Formation, you create a separate legal person. You are a director, member and/or shareholder. You can control the corporation. However, when your business is sued you can be protected from being sued personally after forming the business entity.  It also becomes a saleable asset and an inheritance for your children.
Incorporation/LLC Formation
Miscellaneous Contracts
​Our services provides a variety of attorney-approved contracts for your use.  Some include:  Contracts to sell businesses, vehicles and personal property; Quit Claim and Warranty Deeds; Bills of Sale; Construction Liens; Contract and Sub Contractor Employment Forms; Non-Compete Agreements; Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements; Promissory Notes; Real Estate Purchase and Sale Agreements and many more.  If you do not see the contract you need, just ask!  If we don't have it, we will get it for you, attorney approved!
Child Support/Visitation Modification or Relocation
Washington Child support may be adjusted every twenty-four months from the date of entry of the last child support order. In both Washington and Idaho, the Court may also modify a child support order on a showing of a substantial or "material" change in circumstances at any time for either parent, or the child.  The child support may also be adjusted or modified without a substantial change in circumstances as specifically required by the order itself if those provisions were made at the time the order was entered.  The overwhelming majority of child support orders do not keep up with the normal changes that time brings to the lives of parents and their children. As a result, many support orders can and should be modified.  Also, sometimes the custodial parent relocates due to employment, remarriage or to be closer to family.  Relocations have very specific conditions that must be met lest the custodial parent be found in contempt for removing the child without proper notice.  We can help you with both.
Miscellaneous Services
Name Changes
Just about any person can change his or her name (or a minor child's name) by filing a Petition with their local district court.  Procedures to do so vary from county to county and state to state.  Our office can assist you in preparing the property paperwork and navigate all the steps to change your child's or your name quickly and smoothly.
At PLS, we take care to provide our customers high quality services personalized for their unique needs. We are available to take your order 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff members are professional, courteous and efficient.  We are here to PLeaSe!!
Vacating Criminal Convictions and Destroying 
    Criminal History Records
We have all made mistakes in life, some of which continue to follow us around no matter what we do. If you have made certain mistakes, sometimes something can be done about it. By sealing and destroying court records, vacating convictions, and deleting criminal history records, you can get your life back, rent that apartment, get that job, etc. Courts and law enforcement agencies maintain records of those who are detained, arrested, charged, and convicted or acquitted of crimes. You have the right to inspect court records and criminal history records that pertain to you. We can provide you with a brochure that explains the process, tells you what convictions can be vacated and help you fill out state and county forms (or attorney-approved form) in order to complete the process.

The authority to seal or destroy records and to vacate convictions is established by laws enacted by the Legislature and by rules adopted by each state. State laws concerning court records and criminal history records change frequently, so you may wish to seek legal advice about your specific circumstances before engaging our services. You should consult an attorney to determine if sealing or destroying your record or vacating your conviction could affect your immigration status or your right to possess a firearm.​
Small Estate Probate
We perform a myriad of other wonderful services, too many to list.  If you do not see your unique situation, contact us.  If we can't do it, we will certainly know someone who can!
Probate is the court-supervised process of gathering a deceased person's assets and distributing them to creditors and heirs to the estate. ​Probate gives someone, an executor or executrix, authority to gather the deceased person’s assets, pay debts and taxes, and eventually transfer assets to the people who inherit them. Being appointed as the executor of an estate is a job that carries a lot of responsibility. Dealing with the IRS, the State, heirs, creditors and other issues can be a daunting task. Probates typically takes six months to a year, depending on some choices the executor makes. It can take much longer there is a court fight over the will (which is rare) or unusual assets or debts that complicate matters. Unless there is a dispute, it's mainly a matter of filing paperwork. But Probate court proceedings aren’t always necessary. Usually, they are required only if the deceased person owned assets in his or her name alone. Other assets can probably be transferred to their new owners without probate. Let us help you navigate step-by-step easily with forms, easy to follow instructions and timelines which will help you administer your loved one's estate.​